Control Solutions’ Babel Buster® BB2-6020 is a bindable LonWorks® node that functions as a Modbus TCP client/server. A large number of data objects gives you flexibility in mapping Modbus registers to scalar or structured LonWorks network variables. Packed Modbus registers may be parsed to multiple network variables when reading. Multiple data objects may be packed into a single Modbus register when writing. All standard Modbus register types are supported.
Data objects associated with Network Variable Outputs will poll their assigned Modbus register at the interval you specify, and provide the Modbus data to the LonWorks network as an NV update.
Data objects associated with Network Variable Inputs will receive their data from the LonWorks network as an NV update. The received data will be written to the assigned Modbus registers periodically or upon NV update (user selected).
The BB2-6020 is most often used as a Modbus master, but it can operate as a slave. This makes it possible to put LonWorks devices on a Modbus network (but does still require binding and network commissioning with LonMaker or equivalent).
The Babel Buster BB2-6020 is the upgraded replacement for the legacy Babel Buster 10/100. The BB2-6020 provides four times the network variable capacity, faster processing speed, and requires no installation credits for installation in an LNS based network.
• Universal, fully configurable
• No extra software or drivers to buy
• Free configuration software
• Read/Write Modbus registers via LonWorks® NV’s
• 400 Data objects accessible as Modbus registers
• 120 Network Variable Inputs
• 120 Network Variable Outputs
• Supports structured network variables
• Free topology LonWorks network
• Based on FT 5000, no installation credits required
• 32-bit ARM co-processor for greater processing power
• Bidirectional LonWorks-Modbus communication
• Supports Modbus “coils”, input registers, holding registers
• 16, 32-bit Modbus registers, signed, unsigned, IEEE 754
• Support for “Mod10” 2, 3, and 4-register data formats
• Modbus (master) polling interval configurable per point
• Operation as Modbus slave also possible, user selectable
• USB connection directly to PC for configuration
• Configuration software provided at no extra charge
• Internal flash card for simplified firmware updates
• 10/100BaseT Ethernet, RJ45 connector
• Powered by 12-24V DC/AC 50/60 Hz
• Power Consumption: 0.3A @ 24VDC
• DIN rail mounting, 100mm H x 70mm W x 60mm D
• Pluggable screw terminal blocks
• Operating temperature, standard -25°C to +85°C
• Operating temperature, extended -40°C to +85°C
• Humidity 5% to 90%
• FCC, CE Mark