Control Solutions’ Babel Buster BB2-7020-NB is a BACnet client/server used to connect LonWorks devices to a BACnet network without binding or LonWorks network management outside of the gateway’s own capabilities. A large number of data objects gives you flexibility in mapping BACnt objects to scalar or structured LonWorks network variables. Multiple data objects may be mapped a single structured LonWorks network variable. Input, Output, and Value objects are supported for BACnet Analog, Binary, and Multi-state object types.
The LonWorks network variables will be polled periodically to read LonWorks data, or updated upon change in value (or periodically if chosen) to write LonWorks data. Data read from LonWorks will be placed into BACnet Input or Value objects. Data written to BACnet Output or Value objects will be written to LonWorks network variables.
The BB2-7020-NB is most often used as a BACnet server, providing LonWorks data to BACnet clients such as a building management system. The BB2-7020-NB can also be configured as a BACnet client, automatically reading and writing BACnet objects in other BACnet devices to share LonWorks data.
The BB2-7020-NB provides a “pool” of 300 objects which may be allocated by the user to the object types desired. Any mix of Analog, Binary, and Multi-state Input, Output, and Value objects may be allocated. Output objects are commandable and include the standard priority array found in commandable BACnet objects.
• Universal, fully configurable
• No extra software or drivers to buy
• Free configuration software
• Read/Write LonWorks® NV’s via standard BACnet objects
• 300 Data objects accessible as standard BACnet objects
• Access up to 300 LonWorks Network Variables
• Supports structured network variables
• Free topology LonWorks network
• No LonWorks network management tools required
• 32-bit ARM co-processor for greater processing power
• Bidirectional communication, LonWorks to BACnet
• Supports up to 300 BACnet objects, plus Device object
• Analog Input, Analog Output, Analog Value
• Binary Input, Binary Output, Binary Value
• Multi-state Input, Multi-state Output, Multi-state Value
• BACnet client polling interval configurable per point
• Operates as BACnet server by default, user selectable
• USB connection directly to PC for configuration
• Configuration software provided at no extra charge
• Internal flash card for simplified firmware updates
• 10/100BaseT Ethernet, RJ45 connector
• Powered by 12-24V DC/AC 50/60 Hz
• Power Consumption: 0.1A @ 24VDC
• DIN rail mounting, 100mm H x 70mm W x 60mm D
• Pluggable screw terminal blocks
• Operating temperature, standard -25°C to +85°C
• Operating temperature, extended -40°C to +85°C
• Humidity 5% to 90%
• FCC, CE Mark, UL 916 Listed