Control Solutions’ Babel Buster BB2-6020-NB is a Modbus TCP client/server used to connect LonWorks devices to a Modbus TCP network without binding or LonWorks network management outside of the gateway’s own capabilities. A large number of data objects gives you flexibility in mapping Modbus registers to scalar or structured LonWorks network variables. Multiple registers may be mapped a single structured LonWorks network variable. Modbus holding registers, input registers, discrete inputs, and coils are supported.
The LonWorks network variables will be polled periodically to read LonWorks data, or updated upon change in value (or periodically if chosen) to write LonWorks data. Data read from LonWorks will be placed into Modbus registers. Data written to Modbus registers will be written to LonWorks network variables.
The BB2-6020-NB is most often used as a Modbus server (slave), providing LonWorks data to a Modbus client (master) such as a control system PLC. The BB2-6020-NB can also be configured as a Modbus master, automatically reading and writing Modbus registers in other Modbus slaves to share LonWorks data.
The BB2-6020-NB provides poll 400 data objects which may be accessed as any of the standard Modbus register types. These 400 registers may be mapped to as many as 300 LonWorks network variables, with multiple Modbus registers often mapped to a single LonWorks network variable.
• Universal, fully configurable
• No extra software or drivers to buy
• Free configuration software
• Read/Write Modbus registers via LonWorks® NV’s
• 400 Data objects accessible as Modbus registers
• Access up to 300 LonWorks Network Variables
• Supports structured network variables
• Free topology LonWorks network
• No LonWorks network management tools required
• 32-bit ARM co-processor for greater processing power
• Bidirectional LonWorks-Modbus communication
• Supports Modbus “coils”, input registers, holding registers
• 16, 32-bit Modbus registers, signed, unsigned, IEEE 754
• Support for “Mod10” 2, 3, and 4-register data formats
• Modbus (master) polling interval configurable per point
• Operation as Modbus slave also possible, user selectable
• USB connection directly to PC for configuration
• Configuration software provided at no extra charge
• Internal flash card for simplified firmware updates
• 10/100BaseT Ethernet, RJ45 connector
• Powered by 12-24V DC/AC 50/60 Hz
• Power Consumption: 0.3A @ 24VDC
• DIN rail mounting, 100mm H x 70mm W x 60mm D
• Pluggable screw terminal blocks
• Operating temperature, standard -25°C to +85°C
• Operating temperature, extended -40°C to +85°C
• Humidity 5% to 90%
• FCC, CE Mark