PVMet-300 Weather Station
Solar Panel Efficiency Monitoring
These SunSpec Certified weather stations are designed to meet the needs of renewable energy power generation, most specifically PV panels. The PVmet series use Modbus protocols, feature sensors and communication options for the purpose of reporting data to increase knowledge of panel performance and aid in predicting and identifying daily plant output.
The PVMet-300 is our Full Utility station which is compact, pre-assembled and simple to install.
- Global Solar Irradiance Sensor
- Optional Plane of Array Irradiance Sensor
- 1 or 2 PV Back-of-PV Panel Temp Sensor(s)
- Ambient Air Temperature Sensor
- Wind Speed Sensor
- Wind Direction Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Barometric Pressure Sensor
- Rain Gauge Sensor
- Modbus RS-485 Communication
- Wireless Communication to Modbus Data Logger (up to 1 mile)
- Sunspec Ver. 1.1 Compliant
Sensors & Options:
- Ambient Air Temperature - Housed in a passive shield
- Global Irradiance or Plane-of-Array Irradiance - The irradiance sensor is adjustable and can be set to provide global irradiance (when horizontal) or plane -of-array irradiance when installed to match the PV panel angle.
- Back-of-Module Temperature - These sensors are attached to the back of the PV panel using thermal conductive adhesive tape. They provide accurate panel temperatures, an important parameter for efficiency monitoring. One sensor is shipped with each system. The PVMet-300 supports two sensors. The second may be purchased separately.
- The PVMet-100 has a single, 2-wire, half duplex, RS-485 port.
- Termination can be enabled or disabled using a jumper located near the RS-485 screw terminals.
- By default the PVMet-300 is configured to operate as a Modbus slave at address 60. The Modbus register layout is compatible with SunSpec Ver 1.1.
- ThePVMet-300’s compact light weight design make installation quick and easy. Various mounting options are available, including a 3-foot tripod and Mono mount. The PVMet-300 is supplied with a detachable mast section that can bolt to an existing structure. All electrical connections are made using screw terminals. Standard sensors are factory installed. As a user/installer the only connections required are power and
- Additional Information
Product Code ENG57-SP Model # PVMet-300 Brand RainWise Manufacturer RainWise